

There really is silence in my house right now, except for my fingers there is no noise - it is amazing! It has been a long while since both boys were asleep at the same time - yippee. Although, I think the finger noise has increased with the most recent keyboard - the I'm not going to have my keys ripped off keyboard after 2 damaged ones!
In other Hogan household news, it is official that I am my mother, in fact Sean called me "Karen" this morning when I called him. Let me explain - I don't ever remember my mom being a weather freak but the last few years she frets whenever the weather isn't ideal - mostly thunderstorms which I don't remember being all that violent in Iowa but I also slept in the most quiet and peaceful basement ever created (thanks to Graf Construction and all). Anyway, we had storms last night that had been predicted for a few days now, in fact I almost couldn't sleep on Sunday night because I was already worried about them and then last night it was just too loud to sleep well. So I went to Carter's room to sleep so I'd be closer to the boys should a tornado happen, well about 2 or 3 this morning, I found myself jumping out of bed and taking Carter to the bathroom to wait out the storm & on my way back for Linc, Sean stopped me to inform me that it wasn't a tornado it was only a thunderstorm. Ah, spring in the Midwest and my crazy over-night behaviors sometimes don't mix! This will probably not be the last post about tornadic activity if I were to guess. Carter asked me yesterday morning "are we going to have to hide in the bathroom today" and when my mom called he gave her the full weather report (maybe more than once) so a family of weather freaks we are!
I've decided that Lincoln is going to be a product tester. He loves to get his little hands on any product in our bathroom - we have door locks of all varieties but he still manages to get them in his hands. Last week he took a little bite out of my deodorant - I don't think Secret is probably looking to see if it tastes appealing but his face said that it did not. He has also been having some time outs which is me taking him to his rocking chair and leaving him there, sometimes he stays, sometimes he follows me out but usually Carter gives him a verbal thrashing if he doesn't stay. I think he actually kind of gets it, though because he's seen Carter in time out many, many, many times.
Linc is also a little shower loving baby right now, every time I go to get in the shower he follows me and tries to take off his clothes, luckily he doesn't know how to get them off unlike his nudist-wanna-be brother. There are no more stories of him derobing in public but he likes to strip whenever he can at home and as I type is napping in his undies because he can't sleep with clothes on.
I worked on weeding in the yard this weekend with my black thumb. Maybe this year it can be a different shade, I'm going to try to be like Lindsey and beautify my house but I don't know if I'll be so successful the fear of snakes just does me in, I think the combo of the flower bed hiding snake at our house in TX & "Chuck" the snake in the garage from 2 summers ago might have scared me beyond repair.
And before I can even hit post - the silence is over!



1 comment:
Shannon, how in the heck did Lincoln get a hold of my phone all the way in OK?! Haha! I have the pink Sony Ericsson also. How funny. And I would be the SAME way about storms! But, that's not something we'll have to worry about at all as long as we're in Northern California.
Post a Comment