Friday, December 12, 2008

My toenail situation

The toenail saga has come to an end today. For those of you have not heard me complain and weep about the loss of my toenail the brief version is that on Mother's Day (what a day for an accident) I dropped a jar of Planter's Peanuts on my big toe. It hurt so stinking bad that I sat on the chair with my foot propped up and cried - while Lincoln watched me, being very confused (he was only 6 months old and not as wise as he is today). Anyway, Sean and I tried to take the pressure off using a drill bit which worked a little but then I had to go to the Dr. to get my toenail drained, kind of. It has been black and blue since.

Anyway, last week I noticed that it looked like there was real nail under the black and nasty part and today the black and nasty part came of and wha-la there is healthy nail! Like it almost looks normal! I took pictures, painted it up and am as good as new after over 7 months of stewing over a jar of peanuts!

I know this doesn't seem post-worthy to anyone but me but trust me for the girl who is mildly obsessed with her toenails it is a BIG deal! Yippee!

In other happenings at the Hogan house, Lincoln has discovered where we keep the candy and last night Sean wanted to know why he kept pointing to the top of the fridge and going "eh, eh" He's going to be my little chocolate lover. He is shifting his nap in the afternoon so now the little men aren't napping as much together which is causing me a bit of fear for the next few months but it gives us a little bit of time to read together - something he'd do much more willingly if I were to give him chocolate.

Today I walked into Linc's room and Carter was being so sweet to him, as most of you know this isn't always the case but he had his arm around Lincoln saying "aren't you tired, baby" in the softest voice. Sometimes, they may be few and far between but he can be so sweet to his little brother. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Oh and pictures of my toe are to come, just kidding - only my mom would look at those.

2 comments:

Party Of Five said...

Those few and rare moments of sweetness between siblings that literally melt your heart are truely what make parenthood all worth it.
Your toenail issue is totally blogworthy! It is everyday life and that is why we blog right?

kaylynrenee said...

Haha... that was a funny story about your toe! I suffered the loss of my big toenail the year of our WEDDING! It did make it almost all the way back before the wedding, but I wore close-toed shoes anyway. The funniest part is that anytime Dusty would see it he would sing, "Won't you take me to... FUNKY TOE!" to the tune of the 70's classic "Won't you take me to... FUNKY TOWN!" And that eventually got shortened to just "FUNKY TOE!"

Haha. I'm cracking up just remembering...

You do always have very nicely pedicured feet. I'm glad things are back to normal for you :0)