Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Up, up and away!

We made it to Iowa! Carter loved the plane when we were on the ground (after throwing a total fit at the airport - 1st because our bags weren't going on the plane with us, 2nd because we had to leave daddy and 3rd because he had to take his shoes off to go through security). Anyway when we took off (he was in the aisle seat) he said "I want to get off" and wouldn't let me take my arm off of him for the entire flight! Luckily they both zonked out for the 2nd 1/2 of the hour flight and it was calm from there on out, as soon as we were on the ground Carter said "I want to do that again". Once we made it to Corning he said he was ready to fly home and have daddy pick us up! He sure is going to miss his daddy this week!

We have been here less than 24 hours and he has already had a ride on "HIS" 4-wheeler with Papa and in the tractor with Grampie. He's played some baseball and played with a little motorcycle. Linc has been motoring around but needs to be pretty close to his mommy. Both boys ended up in bed with me last night which was a treat and I hope not a indication of the next 7 nights! I woke up at 12:30 when Carter joined Lincoln and I and Linc was either drooling or sweating and it was running down my neck - now isn't that good sleep!

We are anxiously awaiting seeing all of the cousins tonight (although I already got to see Cael for a few moments earlier - how much he's changed since March! He has got to be the littlest man walking around and is just adorable doing so.)

Nap time for all of us - naps are going to be a requirement this week!

2 comments:

J.R.S. said...

Glad you made it safely. Enjoy the time with your family. Isn't it nice to have grandma to help with the kids? Karson's Nana is a HUGE help when we go home without Devin.

Becky said...

I am so glad you made it home safe and sound. I was worried about you traveling by yourself with two little men. SOunds like it went well. Enjoy your family and take advantage of the extra hands.