This is the baby who stayed up much of the night before the drive home & this is him sleeping in the car - urk!

Carter, Lincoln & I on the tube - going very, very slow!
Carter & I moving a little faster - he said "I like it when Grampie goes fast!"


Linc the little jet skier (or ski-jetter as Carter kept calling it)

Wind blown hair just like Sean's!
The little boys
Attempting to pee off the boat - this was not successful!
We are back & had a great time in the Ozarks with the Hogan family. 6 kids, 9 adults, 2 boats, 2 condos - lots of swimming, boating, eating & a bit of shopping too! Carter had so much fun playing with his cousins - he loves all of them and played with each of them separately and really enjoyed all of them. I think he got used to having some constant bigger kid companionship because before we even made it home last night he was asking to have friends over! Yikes, I'm still catching up.
Both boys had a really good time boating and weren't so sure about floating in the lake but did a little bit - Carter more in the tube at the dock, until he fell in. We also had jet skis for an afternoon and they enjoyed that - but not as much as our resident dare devil Samantha - she loved going fast and jumping the waves with me & even took Grandma on a bit of a ride!
One of the big girls (I don't remember now if it was Marah or Samantha) said, "Why do you live so far away" which was a bit of a tough questions to answer - I said because we live were uncle Sean's job was and that wasn't a good enough answer - "can't he get another one?" maybe one day we won't be so far away (although maybe that will be by the time they don't want to play together so well too!). This year Auntie Gwen brought a babysitter along which was so wonderful so the big people could have some time without the small ones - I think the small ones had as good of a time together as the big ones did!
Thanks Hogan family for a good time & thanks Mimi & Papa for sending your boat for some more summer adventures!





1 comment:
I love the "Ski-jetting!" And the 3 of you on the tube :)
Post a Comment