







We've been busy playing - the boys are obsessed now with frisbies - we've been playing for a few days and Carter is getting relatively good at it (maybe better than I am, and I'm pretty sure that Sean would second that!). We also went on a little adventure looking for a lake to go boating at this weekend, we found some not to go to but didn't find THE ONE we are looking for! Lincoln did enjoying throwing sticks & dirt into the lake, however, so it wasn't a total loss. I also attempted kite flying with the boys & after an unsuccessful attempt in the back yard thought I'd take them to the park to try - it wasn't so great to be honest with you, Buzz Lightyear (Carter's kite) leaked air so he kind of flopped from the start. I could, however, get Mickey in the air just fine but couldn't manage to keep him there and everytime I tried to hand him off he would nose dive. Sean did inform me that he is a master kite handler (since he and Michael had stunt kites when they were kids) so we will be putting his skills to the test and keep you informed on that.
It has been, A 3 Martini kind of morning at our house, lots of little annoyances such as pretzels in my dishsoap and such but now that the boys are napping we can start over (and hopefully not counting more martinis to be had). Instead of making martinis for lunch, which was very tempting, I had some ice cream with A&W topping which hit the spot and made me remember being little and going to Creston for A&W - let me tell you, Sonic just doesn't have it compared to the old A&W, but I guess Sonic will be the boys A&W memory but it certainly isn't the same (I mean let's start with the metal tray, real frosty mugs and much, much better ice cream). It was so good as was the memory that Carter and I had a second bowl of ice cream, and that my friends is how to conquer a 3 martini morning!




1 comment:
if you want to be brave, I think there is a "real" A&W in OKC. I believe it's down on 50th or 39th. You could probably find it if you googled or something.
Post a Comment