Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hogan Happenings















It is fall - yippee, Amen, welcome fall, welcome velour tracksuit days! It was about 60 this morning so we packed up to enjoy a lovely morning at the zoo. It was not only quiet but it was crisp and lovely there. We visited some of our favorite animals and nearly got peed on by one of the Rhinos (thankfully there was a splash guard of sorts, I'm not sure what I would have done had we gotten wet and it was SO close). After a stop at McDonald's (yes, I'm weak and gave in) they boys fell asleep in the car and I'm getting "work" done!
Carter and I had another big date this week and went to see Disney on Ice - that night I would have told you it was amazing and great but paying for it the next day with a tired little man I was reconsidering its worthiness of our time! He enjoyed it and seemed very fascinated by the characters being there "in person". This year it included Cars, Lion King, Little Mermaid & Tinker belle - lots of fun - he told Lincoln when he gets 4 he can go too (only after selling staying home with daddy to Linc - you get to stay home and have some special time with daddy while I go do something fun with mommy -I hear myself a little too often in his words!). Anyway, he chose to get a Lightening McQueen Car over the light up twirly thing that I was pushing (only because I had one similar when I was little) but it was actually cheaper than the light deal - Disney certainly has an amazing cash cow with Disney on Ice and I spent way more money that I'd intended to but it is making memories - right?

Carter has also been getting some golf lessons from his daddy which goes very well until Lincoln gets a hold of a toddler sized regular club and then the panic begins! We also just got our new battery for the hot wheels and the boys are enjoying going "wicked fast" in it around the driveway. Tomorrow is Mommy's day off - yippee, so many choices which one to choose?

No comments: