Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Big Day for the Big Boy!













What a big day Carter had - not only did he turn 4, he also started preschool today. He was really excited about school until we got there and then had a few sad moments - he said "it was really good, but when you left I missed you!" He had some funny comments, on our way to school he was concerned about the fact that some of his friends wouldn't know that he was 4 already. He was also concerned about which of his friends from last year would be there. After school he kept talking about his friend, Zach, from last year whom he'd never mentioned - anyway they played alligators when the were supposed to be resting (guess there won't be any resting this year, either) and he also said that Zach's cubbie is next to his. He was upset because we took cupcakes for his birthday and one boy said that they "were stinky" (they were orange flavored) and asked him if he brought them because they "were stinky" - I kind of doubt he was trying to hurt C's feelings but he did! He was so cute standing in line for the carpool with his little birthday crown on, he couldn't recall his teachers names' but was super pleased that they'd given him some candy for his birthday!

We came home and played some - mommy washing the car and Carter spraying her - I was in a mood by the time Sean came home but got a little breather and felt better. Carter requested fried ham and rolls for dinner so that is what we had - with some veggies for the big people, fruit for the little ones. He also asked daddy to take him fishing after dinner and Sean's response was something I've never heard before - "whatever makes you happy, Carter" so a fishin' we went. They got about 4 fish - I swear the fish in our pond are smart, however, and often get the food before they get reeled in! I made some cupcakes so Carter could have a little cake today - not that he cared a bit but I hated the thought of no cake on his birthday - they didn't really eat it but did take time to sneak the icing off the cupcakes!

No comments: