The blogging world and mine are not coinciding this week! I've tried and tried to upload Iowa adventure pictures and keep getting denied - so I guess I'll write the stories and THEN try to upload yet again - part of the problem is that I have so many pictures to share as we had lots of adventures!
We started our days in Iowa with Marti-Graf - every member of the Graf family except my dear husband was in attendance (I told him he needs to be super nice to Patty as a result of his absence) - it was great to see everyone, it had been almost 3 years since I'd seen the California branches of the family! The boys had a great time, but what little boy doesn't have a great time at the Peterson farm - there is so much to do, trampoline, golf carts, food & dirt! Much to keep us busy. They had a good time playing with all of their cousins and between Mimi and Papa and my younger cousins - I got a serious break from childcare! Carter took to Jada, my Aunt Lisa's 9 year-old and she was a huge help in keeping him busy and having fun. Ms. Jada may visit us in November when she is off of school and Carter kept saying "yes for 2 weeks!" We had cold and rainy weather but this Oklahoman would take 60's & rain over 100 & heat any day right now - just wish we'd prepared a bit better for it, I thought Mimi was being crazy thinking we needed jackets - guess she wasn't!
Sean drove up on Sunday to bring Grampie's truck - our driveway is a bit empty now and we have little to talk about when we are outside but Carter did inquire yesterday whether or not Grampie was keeping his truck clean and wanted to call and check in on it. Note to Richie - better keep it clean at least when we come to town! The boys were awfully excited to see daddy since we didn't tell them he was coming too. We got to go to Lindsey, Michael & Cael's for dinner & some almost too exciting (underneath the cars) fireworks. The boys would love to be country boys like their cousin Cael - & went of to play on his tractors & swing set.
Carter got to go fishing which was a big treat for him, Papa took him to the pond and even backed the Kabota up to the edge so he didn't have to get his shoes wet (Amen, we know how he feels about wet shoes!). He got 6 fish - 2 bass & 4 croppies & was elated with his expedition. Linc was not included in the fishing trip since the last time we went to our pond to learn how to cast he got in the pond instead - he's got a little bit of time until he will be able to be a big boy & fish. We also got to go on the boat which this family loves! Sean says that it is the "perfect" boat - we worked on wearing our life jackets which is always the first step for little ones to get used to - when we go to the Ozarks we will work on getting into the water. We also got to check out Corning's new pool - it is awesome, I can't wait to go back and go down the slides since I didn't want to get my hair wet this time, but I will so get wet next time! It is perfect for the little kids with it's zero entrance.
Baby Doodle is working on teeth & words these days - he's getting 4 incisors, ouch and has since been a smidge cranky lately - Motrin does the trick when it is at it's worst! His words are funny - he only bothers to talk when it benefits him - like "key" - as in - Mimi take me on the Kabota - get the "key" or I locked the bathroom door or I locked Carter in your room "key". He also says "Ta-da" a lot to show you his tricks - like standing on the table - surprisingly this morning when he found a lipstick and smeared it all over his face, he didn't say "Ta-da" but I think he already knew he was in trouble! He also asks for "sicle" as in Popsicle & his "bebe" all the time.
This week we've been recuperating with about 20 loads of laundry (although Mimi kept all of our clothes clean while we were there we still somehow produced more) and taking good naps (Yippee for the Hogan house!). We are now on to our next projects of painting - I figure it is entirely too hot to go outside we might as well be inside and be productive - Linc's room is up first and then the rest of the house - this flat, un-kid-friendly, & slightly boring paint has got to go! Wish us luck on the paint projects it might be an awfully long adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yes, something is going on with your blog... The page won't load for me and I had to blindly search for a link to post this comment. I was having some upload issues the other day also. Have any trouble viewing my blog lately?
okay, this is driving me nuts!! I can't even read your blog because the page won't load. I see pics, but the text is black on a dark brown background left over from your previous background or something! Do you delete old backgrounds before adding a new one? I wonder what's going on...
OMG! I'm ecstatic! It al loaded beautifuly this morning! Love the new background! And I got to catch up on reading :0)
Post a Comment