

Linc loving the KabotaLinc having a bit too much fun with the hand soap
So much to catch up on - we had a great trip to Iowa last weekend, Sean says our most relaxing since having 2 boys (although I still am not sure that traveling with kids is exactly relaxing it was a good trip!). The boys got to do all sorts of things that we don't get to do when we go to Iowa for an event - they got to visit our grandparents for a while, have some Breadaux Pisa (as every trip to Iowa should include). Carter got a saw and some goggles at my Grandma's house that he proceeded to wear much of the weekend on his head, he loved them so much that he fogged them over with sweat and his Aunt Gwen even called him Scuba Steve (I think, from that one Adam Sandler movie with the little kid). Luckily they haven't made it out of the house and to any events yet, unlike the cell phone and tool belt have (hate it when they show up at the store, and you forgot he had them or was wearing them).
They got to ride the 4 wheeler, the kabota and even the Razor at Mimi and Papa's house - and Carter got to fish and learn how to mushroom hunt with my dad - he apparently wore Papa out looking for mushrooms and wanted to keep going long after Papa was done looking! He also threw a little sass at his Mimi and announced he wasn't coming back to her house after he got his shoes dirty there! The little high maintenance boy that he is.
On Sunday they got to fix tractors with the Hogan boys. Linc said tractor this week which must be a direct result from spending some time farming. He won't say it on command but has said it twice when he's seen a tractor. The boys also learned how to recycle from the nieces which was cute because I'm pretty sure they don't know what on earth recycling is. They have so much fun playing with their cousins and they love each of them. We got to visit Marah at school on Monday and she was so sweet and knelt down to hug the boys and tell them good-bye - she is such a good oldest grandchild and looks after the little ones. Samantha is the innovator, I think and seems to come up with the most fun games possible (and loves to lead the group when her big sister is absent). Charlee on the other hand tends to get run over by the herd but I think she's going to find her way (if my own cousin experience says anything - she'll be the one to get the big kids in trouble and lead the small pack) - she's awfully smart too and told me how it was - she said "Aunt Lindsey came to my dance recital and you didn't" I'm sorry Charlee! On our way home Carter was already planning the next visit for Cael, he insists that we need to get Cael a squirt bottle for our bathtub so the next time he visits he'll have his own - and Carter plans to sit at the front of the bathtub! I see many fun discussions between my boys and Cael in the future since Cael is going to be knowledgeable in all things farming and Carter is just going to think he knows it all! Sorry there are no farming pics - I took the camera to the girls night out shindig!
A great shindig it was - I mean really, not everyone owns a mint condition 1969 Cy Ride right? I am happy to report that Katie married into not just 1 of them but 2 (the second for parts.) We had a great time celebrating her belated 30th and I finally got to get my hands on Ms. Tayah - she's seems like such little people when compared to my little people and I was a bit scared of her - I know I have kids and all but you forget all that baby business. It was so good to see Nat, Katie & Kara - our times are certainly too few but just like the old ones when we get back together and I truly cherish our friendships and time.
Getting back to so called normal this week was a bit of a challenge, we were busy with stuff it seemed. We have a new bird named Carter (by Carter, of course) living in our front bush/tree thing - we must check on the bird often and I don't think he really likes us looking at him through the window as he flees every time we move. Linc's other new word for the week is "HOLD" he certainly learned this from his brother who begs to be held as a way to not go to bed but he's been asking to be held a lot lately and I'm not sure he feel really well. He had his 18 month check up on Wednesday and according to our doctor is "certifiably tall and skinny" he was 80th percentile on height and 30th on weight! He's also been trying to be a big boy and pee in the potty like Carter does, kind of exciting that he's interested but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up just yet. Carter's other funny for the week is that he's becoming obsessed with cleaning products - every time he sees me use something he says - is that Oxyclean? I think that they advertise a little too heavily on one of the kid channels and maybe he has taken in one show too many lately.
We had a good Mother's day - naps for everyone but Sean and out for a nice lunch at a new place. I don't even mind the rain since it wasn't blazing hot like it was one day last week - I'm not so sure that I am ready for summer, why can't it be spring and fall year round?


The boys learning from the girls how to recycle





No comments:
Post a Comment