Monday, July 26, 2010

The 2 year, 9 month old theory




So, I've for approximately 26 months (since Carter turned 2 3/4 years) have believed in this theory. A friend had once told me that her daughter turned into a little devil at this age, and 3 months later, Carter followed suite - a theory born, in my head!
I've been watching for signs of this with Lincoln, and the other day when he was driving me nuts, consulted with the calendar to find that yes, indeed, children turn 3 earlier than their 3rd birthday, and 2 is a breeze compared to 3! Most of Lincoln's little behaviors are happening at nap time - thus the sleeping on the floor after passing out yelling that he isn't napping but napping he will do!

Here is to hoping that 3 is shorter lived with the 2nd child and that I'm a much wiser parent!
Sean has his own theory and that is that Lincoln was reincarnated from a dog and that is why he behaves the way he does - to each his own on theories, I suppose!

1 comment:

The Oakley's said...

Oh dear, I am hoping I survive the twos! Now I have to worry about the threes too? Yikes! Good luck Shannon :)